Sunday, June 9, 2013

BeadPro, pt. 2 - A Beautiful Idea is Born

BeadPro creations at rest with hat block - just because ; )

I was going to create one of my "Gatsby" like necklaces and photograph the process using The BeadPro board that I got at Bohemian Crystal (downtown LA) a few weeks ago... but then I realized I should go to the source! Denise Stevens, the creator of this wonderful production tool has a YouTube video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Nz6vvu5iM ) and a web site where you can see and read all about how it works ( http://beadpro.weebly.com/how-it-works.html )


Friends immediately responded to my Facebook posted photos of the first batch that I made from last weekend and five necklaces have already flown off of "Fifi" - my gorgeous mannequin - and into the hands of some very happy women.

"Fifi" my lovely model

So it got me to thinking... I'm going to be making these (and so many other things) no matter what. Why not give back to the world while doing what I love? There are so many worthy causes that do good and really need support. I've been searching my heart and I've decided that I'm going to "sell" the necklaces but all the profit will go to charity. Now I'm in the process of researching groups to pick the most effective of organizations to create a roster of non-profits that I will cycle through on a monthly basis.

It's hard to see my Beadalon wire going through the hank here,
but this is an attempt at showing the magic of the BeadPro.

First cause? It's not pretty but it is a cause that moves me to my core. Human trafficking seems to me to be one of the most horrible situations imaginable and so, as uncomfortable, gritty, and disturbing as it is, that is where I want to start.


Please watch this NOT FOR SALE video for more education on modern slavery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snfZdSsYTB4

If you have any recommendations about other great organizations who deal with this issue I would love to hear about them! July will be my official kick-off and all the "sales" from these necklaces will be rolled into the battling trafficking fund.

Thanks and lots of love - "Coco"

No comments:

Post a Comment